Monday, October 29, 2018

20A

Person number 1:
1. The first person I met is Randy. Randy is the owner of the arcade bar in Downtown Gainesville.
2. I am fitting the domain expert for this person. He owns something that I wish to open up for myself.
3. I found this person by walking down to the bar and asking to speak to the owner. Was not very hard.
4. Randy was very helpful to me. He told me what it takes to run a successful bar. He also gave me an estimate of how much capital it took him to start his bar up.
5. Having Randy in my network will be useful for me down the road. If I ever have any questions with the business side of my bar, I can always give Randy a call, and hopefully he can help me.

Person number 2:
1. The next person I came in contact with is Ricky. Ricky works for a company that audits bars around Alachua County.
2. Ricky fits the market expert domain. He fits this spot by providing expert experience about how to maintain a successful bar.
3. I found Ricky by searching for a company online that audits bars. From there, they forwarded me to Ricky.
4. The favor Ricky did for me was telling me the number one cause for bars to be shut down. I learned that most bars get shut down because of health reasons, and not for lack of sales.
5. Having Ricky in my network would be good for me to learn of ways to avoid having my bar shut down. This is definitely someone I wish to stay in contact with.

Person number 3:
1. The last person that I met was Julian. Julian is a beer distributor for bars in Gainesville.
2. Julian fulfills the supplier role. He distributes beer to the market domain I am interested in starting up.
3. I found Julian by looking up companies that supply beer to UF bars. Then I was directed to Julian.
4. Julian helped with the pricing that most bars pay to get their supply of beers. This gives me a better estimate when I do my cost analysis for my bar.
5. Julian will stay in my network because through him I can compare prices I am paying compared to other places. This will be very helpful.

This assignment showed me that networking is an integral process in life. It never hurts to know more people. With that being said, this assignment definitely changed how I will network in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment