Monday, November 5, 2018

21A

The book I chose was Thinking Fast, and Slow.

1.  The general theme or argument of the book was that when it comes to considering judgements and choices, a human goes through two systems of thought. The first is a sudden, and automatic response by the brain. The second system is slower and more deliberate.
2. This book connected with our class in many ways. For starters, the whole book is predicated on making the right decisions based off of what you are given. You must strategically decide on things throughout your life, especially in the business world. In order to be a good entrepreneur, you must be good at System number two, something Kahneman hits on throughout the book.
3. If I were design an exercise for this class based off this book, I would create ten situations and ask the students to do two things: Provide an initial response for each situation. And then after that, deeply think about each situation for ten minutes, and develop a new response for each situation. Then, compare how different each of your answers were.
4. The biggest "aha" moment for me was regarding doubts. I was surprised to find out that System 1 cannot really experience doubts. However, System 2 is when you start to get into some problems with doubting yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment