Based off of the advice I got from the people I interviewed who are a part of my current market, I believe the thing I most need to focus on is creating demand for my bar. I need to be promoting it around college, to make sure enough people hear about it. Another idea is to hand away free coupons and such, to initially get people to come to my bar. They all thought the hardest part about this for me would be initially getting people into my bar.
Another thing I learned from my interviewees is that taking away loyal customers from other bars may be harder than I thought. Two of the three people said they only go to the one same bar every time they go out. For this reason alone, they both said I would really need to be innovative in order to create demand for my bar.
To radically change the dynamics of the market I came up with, I flipped the switch and decided to interview three people over the age of fifty. The goal for this was to see if there could still be a demand for my bar outside of the college-aged kids. The first man I interviewed was strongly against the idea. He said he likes his classic bar, and wouldn't really be interested in deviating from this. The second man I interviewed said essentially the same thing. However, he also included that with cheaper prices he may be inclined to give my bar a go. The third man I interviewed said he would be fully behind my idea. He said that he would love to have a place where he could go to drink, but also play bar games and arcade games while doing it. He called it an Adult version of Chuck E Cheese.
Interviewing this other side of the market made me realize that my demand really does primarily lie in the college-aged kids. While some adults would get behind the idea, most of them would like to stick to the types of bars that they have been going to for decades. For this reason, I really must come up with some really innovative ideas for my bar if I want it to be successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment