Monday, November 26, 2018
27A
I read Elon Musk's biography, by Ashlee Vance. The thing that surprised me
the most is that in its first year, Tesla only had 8,000 dollars in
sales. From there, it has emerged as one of the most global companies in
the world. This just goes to show that good things do not
happen overnight in the business world. You must market your product in
order to expand. The thing about Elon Musk that I most admired is the
perseverance that he and his team showed. Tesla and SpaceX throughout the years ran
into numerous lawsuits, many fines, failed designs, etc., but none
of this ever slowed him down. The world can thank him for that, or else
many of us would not have many of the great innovations of this time. Throughout the book, it is expressed that Musk was sometimes very secluded with his work. It was mentioned that he was
not one to give much positive feedback, and was often indecisive with
his decisions. I would have to say these are the things that I least
admire about Musk. As previously mentioned, Tesla ran into much
adversity through the years. But to overcome it, they kept churning out
new designs, offering better products, and making sure consumer
satisfaction was at the top of their interests. Some of the competencies
that I noticed Musk exhibited well were innovation and the ability to
change concepts. It is tough to switch from failed products, and then
all of a sudden design a concept that works. So, for that I must applaud
him. The part of the book that most confused me was how Musk started
this whole thing off with selling failed products, all the way
to becoming the giant it is today. One question I would ask Elon would be how the idea of Tesla originally started. I would like to know
if it started as wanting to create a comfortable car, or if the idea
was to create a car giant. Another question I would ask Elon is if the
first time he created a product or design that failed, what did he say to himself to
get past this failure. I think Elon was a very hard worker. You cannot
slack off and create one of the biggest companies in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment