1. I am a person who is always striving to come up with the best option
for myself. That is probably just the economist coming out in me. Some
of my skills include knowing how to conduct activities efficiently, I am
a very personable person, I am an extremely hard worker, and I am very
persistent with my work. My aspiration is to start up an Arcade Bar,
that excels over the surrounding bars in the area I decide to open up. I
see this business being successful if I set it up in a Tech College
town, because this is where I believe I will receive the highest demand.
2. I am offering to consumers a chance to be a kid again. Going to the
Arcade Bar in Gainesville was life changing for me. I never imagined
being able to play all kinds of arcade games while also making rounds
for beer. I think if more people found out about this, that it really
has the chance to take off. I would also offer other innovative bar
ideas, that would be different than any other bars in the area.
3. My ideal customers will be college town kids. Specifically, I want to
operate in a affluent area, that contains one or two technical
colleges. I think this demographic would have the most unmet need for
this bar. I think it also helps being in a college town, because most
college students spending money goes towards nights out. I think this
could be very profitable.
4. Why will people pay me money? I will be able to offer cheaper alcohol
than competitors, because I will be able to make up revenue from people
paying to play the arcade games. These two together should make a
killing.
5. The thing that sets me apart from all the other bars is customer
experience. This will not be your run in the mill bar where you go in,
sit down, order a drink, and repeat for hours. Instead, it will give all
customers an interactive experience, in which they will hopefully enjoy
enough to make it their regular spot on the weekends!
With all this being said, I think all of these elements tie up pretty
nicely for me. The most difficult part out of this whole process is
coming up with the capital to get this going. However, when I get that
capital, with my drive I think I can really get this place booming.
I actually received some very helpful feedback from the first go round of my idea napkin. One of the best pieces of advice I was given was that in order for my bar to succeed, I need to have elements that really make me stand out from other bars. Because otherwise, people are a creature of habit, and will therefore continue to keep going to the same bar in which they are used to. In addition to this piece of advice, I was also advised to come up with a detailed costs chart, to see how profitable I can really make this. It is possible I could be running negative costs here, so that is something I must do detailed research into. I appreciate everyone's feedback.
No comments:
Post a Comment